Terms and Conditions
• Minimum rental 24 hours
• Valid passport for Renter and additional drivers.
• Valid driving license for Renter and additional drivers.
• Credit card.
2. Driver’s License: A valid driver's license of the country of residence is required. A foreign driver's license is not valid in Costa Rica if it has more than three months. For that reason, you must show a passport for verification of date of entry.
3. Deposit: Any rent a car company in Costa Rica requests a security deposit to cover contractual deductible coverage provided by the Rent a Car, violations of the terms and conditions of the lease and the amounts for violations of the Law transit imposed.
At the time of rent the renter should present a credit card with their name on it.
The deposit amount depends on the type of the vehicle and the coverage applied. At the time of rent, deposit is required with the approval of the credit card’s emissary Bank. We accept the following credit cards: Visa, Master Card, Dinners Club, JCB, American Express and Discover.
The credit card without relief will not be accepted.
4. Return of Deposit: Before releasing the security deposit, Kaima Rent a Car will ensure that the vehicle has met the terms and conditions of rent. We will request to the Issuing Bank the return, but the time depends on the policies of each bank. While this has not been finalized, return the funds will not be available for use.
5. Coverage: Kaima Rent a Car offers various coverage plans for security, which waives its right to collect the damages caused to third parties and leased vehicle.
(TPD) THIRD PARTY DAMAGE: the renter waives the charges and limits third-party damages. In case of third-party physical or material damage by an amount up to $600.00, the client is responsible for the payment of the entire amount to Kaima Rent a Car. The renter must present a written proof of the insurance coverage from the corresponding credit card company, if you have no that coverage, is mandatory take the additional LDW.
(STPD) SUPPLEMENTAL THIRD-PARTY DAMAGE: it supplements to TPD coverage. The renter waives the charges and limits third- party damages. In case of third-party physical or material damage by an amount up to $600.00, the client is responsible for the payment of the entire cost. In case of third-party physical or material damage for more than $600.00, the renter will not be responsible for paying any damages.
(SPP) SUPPLEMENTAL PROTECTION PLAN: the renter waives the charges to 0% in case of damages, total loss and/or car theft. SPP coverage limits third-party damages. In case of third-party physical or material damage by an amount up to $600.00, the client is responsible for the payment of the entire amount. In case of third-party physical or material damage for more than $600.00, the renter will not be responsible for paying any damages.
(LDW) LIMITED DAMAGES WAIVER: the renter waives the charges from Kaima Rent a Car. LDW coverage limits the charges for damages, total loss and/or car theft. Kaima Rent a Car waives the right of charging the renter higher than the following amounts: deductible on damages to the vehicle: $1,000.00, and deductible on total loss or car theft: $2,000.00
6. Additional Drivers: When renting the vehicle, the renter may authorize up to three drivers. Everyone should present a driver’s license and a valid ID. This service will not be charged.
7. Fuel: The vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel as when it was received. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, a charge will be applied. This charge will be greater than local stations price.
8. Payment: The full amount for services of rent is due at the time of the rent, this can be made by cash, debit or credit card.
9. Costs of delivery and return: If the vehicle is delivered or returned in any other place outside the offices of Kaima Rent a Car, the renter should authorize a charge for this concept and will be in accordance to the distance and length of rental.
10. Assistance: We offer 24/7 service and support for customers in the event of accident or mechanical failure.
11. Territory: The rental price includes mileage within the national territory, no vehicle is allowed to leave the borders of Costa Rica.
12. Final Price: The final fee charged is based on 24-hour rental and will be stipulated in the lease by the type of vehicle rented and options selected by the renter. This price includes mileage, 3 additional drivers, 24/7 assistance, rental taxes and supplemental coverage or coverage plan.
13. Extra Hours: There is one hour of tolerance when returning a vehicle. After that period, the rate specified as Extra Hour on the lease will be charged. If the vehicle is returned after four hours a charge for an additional day will apply.
14. Reservations: Reservations can be made on line in our web site or via telephone. If the reservation is made via our web site, you will be contacted via phone or via email for the final confirmation, with the delivery and rental price details specified. In this email you will be allocated a reservation number which must preserve to make any changes or cancellations. Rent is confirmed until this final step is completed. If we are not able to locate the renter and process the deposit amount, rent will be considered as not confirmed and we cannot allocate a vehicle.
15. Additional services: All the additional services listed below must be requested by the renter at your reservation, Kaima Rent a Car reserves the right to provide them according to availability at the time of rental:
• Chairs and child booster.
• Chauffeur Service.
• Cell phone.
• Delivery and returns anywhere in the country.
Any modifications or cancellations in the reservation must be made according to the terms listed above at least 48 hours before of your rental start date. Otherwise, the any payment will not be refundable. This applies also if the renter returns the car before the period stipulated.